"Warface is a free-to-play class-based first person shooter, featuring fast paced action, team driven Co-op and Versus gameplay and immersive visuals powered by the CryENGINE 3 Game engine."
– Warface.com Game DescriptionWarface is a first person shooter game being developed by Crytek Kiev.
Warface provides gamers with a constantly updated extensive PvE universe full of dramatic multiplayer co-op missions, a full set of class based PVP, and is available internationally on the PC as both a Closed and Open Beta. Warface is supported by a free-to-play business model.
Types of CombatEdit
Versus: Warface's Player-Versus-Player; Players have 4 different classes to choose from, and can engage in a multitude of game types, such as the typical Team Deathmatch, Plant The Bomb, Free For All, Storm, and more. The Player / Team must complete the given objectives in order to come out as victorious over the other Players / Team. These objectives differ depending on game type.
A team of up to 5 Players engage in combat against the AI-driven Blackwood forces in dozens of scenarios at different levels of difficulty. These scenarios can be as simple as taking down a primary target (essentially a "Boss"), or more challenging, such as shooting down attack helicopters while Blackwood troops advance. New PvE Missions are added in daily, ensuring that Players stay entertained even after they beat the previous missions.
The bread-and-butter of any squad, the Rifleman excels at medium range, out of reach for Engineers and Medics, and too close-range for Snipers. Typical Rifleman guns consist of Assault Rifles, Battle Rifles, Carbines, and others.
A specialty class dedicated to keeping the team alive and in good shape. While not quite suited for 1v1 combat, Medics are equipped with shotguns that are absolutely destructive at close range.
Game Partners, Game Status, Licensing, and other AttributesEdit
Crytek does not manage the game servers themselves, and instead Warface is being licensed to a few companies around the world to make the game available. Likewise, these companies do not have identical versions of Warface, as some are in Closed Betas, Open Betas, and the like.
- Mail.Ru - Currently supporting Warface's game client in Russia as an Open Beta.
- TrionWorlds - Warface publisher for the US, New Zealand, Turkey, Australia, and Europe as a Closed Beta.
- Nexon - Warface publisher in charge of distribution in South Korea and Taiwan.
- Crytek Seoul / Crytek Frankfurt - Co-producers of Warface aiming for a release in China.
- VTC Online - Online game publisher in Vietnam, Closed beta start in 19/12/2013.
- Gface - Crytek's official game portal for Warface, based on web plugin to run, provide server for Na, Europe and Turkey.
Beta Update 6.1 was released on April 09, 2014
Beta Warface LauncherEdit
As of 2014, the Warface Development Team released a Beta Warface Client Launcher per player requests as an alternative to playing through one's web browser.
Promotional Trailers, Gameplay Videos, and ScreenshotsEditWarface Pick A Side Trailer(02:04)
Warface Multiplayer Gameplay PvP (Beta)(09:29)
Warface Asia Gameplay Trailer(01:38)
Warface Multiplayer Gameplay PvE (Beta)(09:55)
Warface - Multiplayer Gameplay (Crytek Seoul)(01:38)
Warface Customization Trailer(01:43)